How much do painting and staining cost ?
Painting & staining are vital processes in the completion of building projects. If you’re building a house anywhere in the US, you need to have the idea of how much it will cost to paint or stain the house with the right materials. You also need to know the amount you’re likely to pay for labor. An attempt is made in this write-up to give you the cost estimates for such building processes. Let’s start with painting.
Painting cost estimates.
Generally, the national average cost for painting in the US stands at $1.25 per square foot. The prices may also cost around $1.50 to $3.00 per square foot depending on the rate of building construction in the state where you’re residing.
For outdoor painting, you should expect to pay around $1.20 per square foot. Indoor painting usually cost around $1.00 to $1.50 per square foot.
However, the cost can be affected if there are other processes to be engaged. If scraping, power-washing and other processes are required, the painting cost may reach up to $3.00 per square foot. It all depends on the negotiation you’ll have with your painter.
To get the idea of the total cost for your painting project, you have to determine the actual square footage. To get this, you have to multiply the length of each room by its width. This gives you the square footage. You can also get the exterior square footage by multiplying the width by the height of each of the exterior walls. You’ll then add the totals in order to determine the actual square footage for the entire house.
If for instance, the entire house is 2000 square feet and the price of painting stands at $1.50 per square foot, the total cost for painting your house will be 2000 multiplied by $1.50. This will give you a total of $3000 for painting the entire house.
It’s always very necessary to negotiate the cost of painting with a reliable painter. You can get the job done at affordable prices.
Staining cost estimates.
Staining cost varies depending on the kind of materials you want to use. It also depends on the area involved. Concrete staining is usually very common in most cities in the US. It’s usually done with quality chemical substance mixed with metallic salts and other elements.
Staining a concrete floor can be done by experts in the field. It doesn’t cost much especially when you locate a reliable expert. Here are the cost estimates :
- A simple stain application by an expert concrete contractor will take around $2-$5 per square foot.
- Stain application with sawed lines and patterning costs around $5 to $10 per square foot.
- Stain application with intricate saw-cuts and multiple color patterns costs around $5 to $15 per square foot.
- Layered staining with stencil work costs around $12 to $25 per square foot.
- Stain application that involves final sealer cost, clean up and minimal slab preparation costs around $2 to $5 per square foot.
Factors that affects the prices.
Painting & Staining costs are usually affected by a number of prices as discussed below.
- Location : the location of the work can affect the total cost of the paining or staining job. If you’re residing in a far distance place from the contractor, he’s likely to put that into consideration.
- Size of the job : the total size of the job can also affect the total price. The bigger the size of the work, the smaller the prices becomes. Contractors usually charge less when you give them very big task to accomplish.
- Negotiation : your ability to negotiate the price of the painting or staining work matters a lot. In most cases, you can get a lower price when you negotiate well with the contractor.
- Time : the amount of time to be used in the work may also affect the price. If a contractor discovers that he’s going to spend much time in a given task, he may hike the price a bit.
- Materials : the painting & staining materials may also affect the cost of the work. Quality paints, tools and other materials to be used can make the total cost to be a little bit higher.
In all, you can always make proper inquiries from experts when searching for the cost estimate. The information given above will always be of great help.
To get a better idea of costs, here are some painting estimates from professionals.
- Describe your project in a few words.
- We match you with local approved
- Get up to 4 free quotes quickly.